GRASS ISN'T ALWAYS GREENER
Due to its many environmental benefits, our synthetic turf is naturally a green product. Find out more about how the benefits make it greener than natural grass.
- Saves millions of gallons of water annually
- Excludes dangerous chemicals, pesticides, and fertilizers
- Removes the requirement for pollution - producing mowing equipment
- Supports U.S. Green Building Council
LEED 2009 NEW CONSTRUCTION AND MAJOR RENOVATIONS
- WE CREDIT 1.1: WATER EFFICIENT LANDSCAPING: REDUCE BY 50% (1 POINT)
- WE CREDIT 1.2: WATER EFFICIENT LANDSCAPING: NO POTABLE WATER USE OR NO IRRIGATION (1 POINT IN ADDITION TO WE CREDIT 1.1)
MATERIALS & RESOURCES
- MR CREDIT 5.1: REGIONAL MATERIALS: 10% EXTRACTED, PROCESSED & MANUFACTURED REGIONALLY (1 POINT)
- MR CREDIT 5.2: REGIONAL MATERIALS: 20% EXTRACTED, PROCESSED & MANUFACTURED REGIONALLY (1 POINT IN ADDITION TO MR CREDIT 5.1)
INSTALLING SYNTHETIC TURF IS A POSITIVE MOVE FOR WATER CONSERVATION
Resident landscape irrigation is approximated to use up to nearly 9 billion gallons of water every day.
In some areas, outdoor water use can account for up to 70 percent of Los Angeles residential property’s water usage. Between 30,000 and 70,000 gallons of water each year is consumed to irrigate a 1,000 square foot lawn.
AND IT WILL SAVE MONEY
For a 1,000 sq ft installation, this can mean a savings of 70,000 gallons each year, or up to $350 off the water bill, alone. Our residential landscape products are warrantied for 15 years, so during the entire life of the lawn, you can save approximately $5,250 in water cost.
The average cost of fertilizers and pesticides for residential areas in Los Angeles is $0.20 square foot each year. For a 1,000 sq ft lawn, that equates to savings of $200 per year, or $3000 during the entire life of the lawn.
ELIMINATE WASTE AND TIME SPENT ON MAINTENANCE
The EPA forecasts that, on average, 33.2 million tons of yard trimmings were collected per year, the third-largest part of Municipal Solid Waste in landfills. The average resident spends 150 hours every year maintaining the lawn. Synthetic turf eliminates that need.